Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Birthday!

It was rockin', no lie. I thought it would be boring. But I woke up to a massage, sat around and enjoyed some time off for a while, and then my husband got in touch with a friend of ours and they decided to take me out for my birthday. I grabbed a nice long shower and put on my favorite blouse, and my husband made me a breakfast burrito from HEAVEN.

We went out to lunch at this fantastic Asian buffet (our friend treated us) and then walked around the mall. My husband and I decided we're going to wait to buy a house for a little while longer. Hmm, I should put some backstory here...

We're going to buy a house, in cash, out of state. We want to start our lives together. Our plan is to save up a decent chunk of change and just buy a basic house, then we'll trade it out for the house we want later. Well, if we just put money away and every dime goes into bills or savings, we're going to hate our lives until we go. We've got mismatched furniture, an old TV, and both of our wardrobes need complete overhauls. Are we just going to take all of this crap with us? No. No way.  So we're going to take our time a bit better and enjoy being able to spend some of our money and be able to afford the things we need.

My husband bought me a truffle and him one as well (he's never had one). We stopped at a few shoe stores in the mall and I found the perfect pair of heels! Then we stopped by the grocery store. I picked us up a huge steak (it's a thing we do once in a while, share a large steak), and he bought me a bottle of birthday wine.

Then we came home and watched some TV, drank just a little wine, and went to bed. We're saving the steak and truffles and most of the wine for tonight when I get off work. I'll probably blog while I'm at work today, too. Just thought I should get this all down first :)

No comments:

Post a Comment